Diagnostics & Repair
We’re here for everything from Simple Maintenance to Complex Repairs
Diagnostics & Repair
FACT: Ignoring an engine light can cost more than the initial diagnostics & repair.
Is your vehicle is driving erratically, or you’ve got a warning light on your dash that was blinking yesterday but now it’s on all the time. Don’t ignore the warning light and pretend it’s not happening. Here at Tanner Auto Repair Plus [TARP], we find that quick attention to any dash warning lights can save you thousands on serious repairs further down the road.
So what makes a dashboard light come on
Well, today’s vehicles are manufactured with complex interrelated systems. On-board computers continuously monitor the performance of these systems. If the computer has sensed a signal from one of the systems or components that are outside of its normal operating range, it turns on the dash light to let you know something’s wrong.
Car Warning lights
Dash warning lights can be anything from simply a tightening of your gas cap, to more serious issues such as engine, transmission, or braking system performance issues. While dash lights can go on and the car still appears to be driving fine, ignoring some lights can lead to very serious issues, such as engine damage or other component failures. In some instances, this can be a safety hazard. That’s why it is recommended to have your car looked at by one of our certified professionals as soon as possible for both your safety and peace of mind.
Examples of vehicle operating issues that require diagnostics
Typically your vehicle, operating issues that require a diagnosis can include:
- Warning lights on the dash that are illuminated
- Check Engine Light
- ABS Light
- Emissions failures
- Engine or transmission performance
- Steering and ride control
Financing with TECHNET Professional covers you for at least 24 months or 24,000 miles. Wherever you go, their warranty goes with you.
Tanner Auto Repair Plus can diagnose any problem
At Tanner Auto Repair Plus, we have the tools, training, and technology to properly handle any diagnostic issues for everything from a Check Engine light to an ABS Warning light. Properly performing a complete diagnostic procedure normally includes the following steps:
- Retrieving the Data – A full-functioning scan tool is used to perform an onboard computer system analysis in order to retrieve all the data
- Verification Testing – Verification tests determine if systems meet proper specifications
- Pinpoint Testing – All manufacturers require that circuit or component pinpoint testing be done in order to make an absolute diagnostic determination
- Research & Technical Service Bulletins – Technical Service Bulletins will indicate if the problem has been determined to be a pattern failure by the vehicle manufacturer. This means that if it’s a known issue that occurs with a particular type of vehicle. This doesn’t eliminate the need for testing though
- Car Repair – This may involve multiple actions such as parts replacement, performing manufacturer technical service bulletin updates, and even updating of vehicle’s computer software
- Verify the Repairs – Once all the above actions have been taken, the vehicle must be retested to verify that the repair is complete.
Diagnosing a problem doesn’t take long
In most cases, we can actually find and even fix the problem on the same day. This is obviously subject to the issue and possible part requirements. But testing sooner can at least let you know if it’s OK to drive and not cost more in serious repair bills.
TIRES & WHEEL ALIGNMENT
OIL CHANGE & SERVICE
Check out our other services
Getting more than one thing done in a visit helps save time and inconvenience.
Our ASE-certified Georgia auto repair technicians work on all makes and models, both foreign and domestic. Our auto repair experts will take care of you no matter what kind of vehicle you drive. We can guarantee the finest quality care for your car or truck.
You couldn't ask for a better company, prices are good, service is excellent and the staff are always helpful and ready to please. I would recommend them, anytime.
- D HARRISON
I was very please with their prices, so much so I was able to get a couple of accessories for my truck within the prices other shops had quoted.
- J HICKOX
TANNER AUTO REPAIR PLUS ONLY USE NAMED BRANDS THAT YOU CAN TRUST